- 4 vine-ripened tomatoes, stems intact, cut in half crossways
- 8 slices prosciutto
- olive oil cooking spray
- 4 croissants
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup pouring cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Heat a chargrill or non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Season tomatoes with salt and pepper. Lightly spray prosciutto and cut-side of tomatoes with oil. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until tomatoes are charred and prosciutto is crisp.
- Meanwhile, place croissants on a baking tray. Heat in oven for 5 to 7 minutes or until crisp. Whisk eggs, cream, chives and thyme in a large bowl. Season with pepper.
- Melt butter in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat until it starts to sizzle. Pour well-beaten eggs into pan. Stir gently with a wooden spoon (see tip) until eggs form creamy curds. Remove pan from heat immediately.
- Split croissants in half lengthways. Fill with scrambled egg. Serve with tomatoes and prosciutto.
Recipe courtesy of Taste.