- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 bacon rashers, chopped
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/2 bunch asparagus, sliced on an angle
- 150g hot-smoked salmon fillet, skin removed, faked
- Juice of 1/2 lemon, plus extra wedges to serve
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup (80g) ricotta
- 20g unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon nigella seeds
- Dill sprigs, to serve (optional)
- Heat oil in a non-stick frypan over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook, stirring, for 4-5 minutes until crisp. Add zucchini and asparagus, and cook for 2-3 minutes until softened. Add salmon, then remove pan from heat, season and drizzle with lemon juice. Transfer mixture to a bowl.
- Wipe the pan clean and return to medium-high heat. Lightly beat the eggs with ricotta, then season. Melt 10g butter in the pan, then add half the egg mixture, swirling it to cover the base. When just set, scatter half the flling and nigella seeds down the centre of the omelette, then fold the other side over the flling. Tilt the pan at an angle and carefully slide omelette onto a plate. Repeat with the remaining butter, egg mixture, filling and seeds.
- Serve immediately topped with dill (if using) and with lemon wedges on the side.
Recipe courtesy of Taste.