You can substitute whitefish or hot-smoked salmon for the trout.
INGREDIENTS (2 CUPS)
- ¼ small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 8 oz. smoked trout, skin and bones removed, flaked
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives, dill, or flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Mix onion, celery, trout, mayonnaise, sour cream, chives, and lemon juice in a medium bowl; season with salt and pepper.
DO AHEAD: Trout salad can be made 3 days ahead. Cover and chill.