Extra crunchy, with plenty of mix-ins. Using an egg white adds crunch without calories.
INGREDIENTS (12 SERVINGS)
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1½ cups chopped nuts (such as almonds, pecans, pistachios, or walnuts)
- 1½ cups coconut shavings
- ½ cup agave syrup
- ¼ cup olive oil or warmed coconut oil
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons (packed) light brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup dried cherries or cranberries
Preheat oven to 300°. Toss egg white, oats, nuts, coconut shavings, agave syrup, oil, sesame seeds, brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Spread out on a rimmed baking sheet.
Bake granola, stirring every 10 minutes, until golden brown and dry, 40–45 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet (it will crisp as it cools). Mix in cherries.
Do Ahead: Granola can be made 2 weeks ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.
Swap maple syrup or honey for the agave to get a subtle flavor shift.
If chocolate chips mean your kid will love it, throw ’em in at the end.
This granola’s great out of hand, but for added protein, serve over low-fat yogurt. Or layer it in a glass with yogurt and fresh fruit.