- 8 rashers streaky bacon
- 2 tablespoons (30g) miso paste
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 4 small flatbreads
- 2 eggs, fried
- Black sesame seeds, to serve
- Coriander leaves, to serve
Preheat the oven to 220C. Place bacon in a cold large frypan, then place over medium heat (this helps render the fat). Cook for 4-5 minutes until crisp, then remove and drain on paper towel, reserving 2 tbs fat.
To make miso bechamel, place reserved fat in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in miso paste and plain flour. Cook for 1-2 minutes, then gradually add milk, whisking to combine. Cook for a further 3-4 minutes until thickened. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Spread one-quarter bechamel over 1 flatbread and top with 2 bacon rashers. Top with another flatbread, 2 bacon rashers and one-quarter bechamel. Repeat with remaining flatbread, bacon and bechamel to make 2 sandwiches. Place sandwiches on a baking paper-lined baking tray and bake for 10 minutes or until golden and bubbling.
- Top each with a fried egg, and scatter with sesame seeds and coriander.